Want to stay in your own home as you age?
A Home Care Package can help you do that. We work with you to coordinate a support plan that is individual to your needs, keeping you at home and as independent as possible.
To be eligible for services, consumers are firstly assessed for eligibility by the Aged Care Assessment Team. This is a free assessment and we can assist you with the required referral. Referral can be from your local doctor, your family or yourself. This can be done on the My Aged Care Website.
Home Care Packages
Home care packages are consumer directed care packages which means that you (the consumer) have control over how the funding from the government is used. You can now use your account balance for health needs such as podiatry, physiotherapy, mobility aids, travel to specialist etc. basically anything that is health related and helps you to achieve your identified goals that will keep you in your own home. There are restrictions that will be outlined in you service user manual.
Home care packages offer a range of services including:
- Assistance with showering-bathing-personal care
- Cleaning & laundry
- Shopping, meal preparation
- Transport to medical appointments
- Medication assistance–monitoring (via Webster Pac)
- Social Support
The budget provided by a home care package can be used not only for staff time but for purchasing equipment that is related to the clients health needs.
More information can be found at this web page - Your guide to home care package services
How we can help
Our Community Coordinator will -
- Visit your home and discuss your individual needs, in order to develop a suitable support plan based on your goals
- Talk to your family/person responsible or friends-if desired
- Liaise with other services as needed
- Find and Implement creative solutions
- Provide ongoing support within the guidelines of the package, to help you remain at home for as long as possible
- A copy of the service users handbook will be supplied on initial assessment or at your request. This will provide detailed information regarding your budget and how you can use the funding for health needs